Here are some fun facts about Halloween. HT: Stephanie Footer
- Halloween is the 2nd largest commercial holiday behind Christmas
- The states of Illinois, California, New York and Ohio will sell 1.1 billion pounds of pumpkins
- In 2010, Belleville IL banned trick or treating for kids under the age of 12.
- Dark and milk chocolates can last up to 2 years. Don’t eat it all at once!
- Candy Corn was invented in 1895. Every year they produce of 35 million pounds
- The most famous line in Peanuts History is “I got a rock” from the Peanuts Halloween Special
- The average adult spends almost 80$ per person on costume and candy
- Where is the love? 90 million pounds of chocolate will be sold on Halloween, almost twice that of Valentine’s day
- 1.9 Billion is spent on Halloween Candy each Halloween.